See the Rally Day photos:
WHAT: Rally and March for Water & Wildlife
WHEN: Starts at 11 am until 1 pm (Rally at 11:00. March on the Capitol at Noon)
HOSTED BY: Beyond Toxics and Oregon Wild (see sponsors below)
WHERE: State capitol steps in Salem (google map)
Wednesday April 19th, Oregonians from around the state will gather at our state capitol in Salem to tell elected officials we want them to take a stand for water and wildlife! Join us on the capitol steps at 11 am, where we will rally, march and hear from inspiring speakers…
featuring: Representative David Gomberg, Representative Pam Marsh, our own Lisa Arkin, Kate Taylor of Pacific Rivers, Southern Oregon Forest Hero (and Beyond Toxics board member) Francis Eatherington, and Quinn Read from Defenders of Wildlife.
You can wear blue for water, or brown and green for trees! Be sure to bring water and food for a full day.
BUS from EUGENE: 2 seats left (4/18/17)
Call Beyond Toxics at 541-465-8860 or fill out the form below
- Sign up for a bus ride from Eugene: call Beyond Toxics at 541-465-8860 or fill out our form->>
- Need a bus ride from Southern Oregon? Call 678-209-7642 or send an email to the Pollinator Project of Rogue Valley->>
MORE carpooling and busing information available on these Facebook pages:
- Cottage Grove Area: https://www.facebook.com/events/1854264814847203/
- North Coast/Rockaway Beach area: https://www.facebook.com/events/1032009940233970/
- Florence Area: https://www.facebook.com/events/1918716388346272/
- Coos Bay Area: https://www.facebook.com/events/1466798073372516/
Other carpooling and buses are being arranged by organizations around the state, return to this page for details as they become available.
Co-hosted by: Oregon Chapter of the Sierra Club, Oregon Wild, Forest Web of Cottage Grove, Citizens of Rockaway Beach for Watershed Protection, Defenders of Wildlife, Pacific Rivers, Cascadia Wildlands, Oregon League of Conservation Voters, Coast Range Forest Watch, Rogue Riverkeeper, KS Wild (Klamath-Siskiyou Wildlands Center), Willamette Valley Broadband, Great Old Broads for Wilderness, 350 EUG and Audubon Society of Portland.