Development and Events Coordinator for Beyond Toxics
Applications accepted starting: June 5, 2017
until July 3.
Starting date: July 17, 2017 or negotiable.
Beyond Toxics is a statewide non-profit organization based in Eugene. We are an environmental justice organization working to guarantee environmental protections and health for all communities and residents. We use environmental health research, legislative action and grassroots organizing to expose root causes of toxic pollution and help communities find effective, lasting solutions.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director, you will work as part of a team to create and implement strategies for cultivating donors/prospects/members which include fundraising and educational events. The position provides diversified and confidential administrative support to Executive Director and Board of Directors. The Development Coordinator reports to the Executive Director on projects and activities related to fundraising, events and tracking. The Development Coordinator will perform administrative duties related to fundraising.
Description of Duties
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Commitment to environmental and social justice.
• Must have at least 2 years fundraising experience for non-profits including special events and donor cultivation, or the equivalent experience and skills.
• Must be trustworthy and respectful of other staff members.
• Supervising and coaching experience.
• Organizational, project planning and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated experience with financial tracking.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with community leaders, board members, prospects, donors, businesses and volunteers.
• Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and be open to new learning experiences.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Creativity, drive, and enthusiasm
• The initiative to carry projects to conclusion.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft/OS X computer applications and complementary computer skills.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
Compensation: Hourly wage based on 32 hours/week. Following positive 3-month review: expectation to advance to full time within following 9 months. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and organizational salary range.
Cost of living, merit raises, wellness plan, per the Executive Director and Board of Directors recommendation.
32 hours/week with expectation to advance to full time within 12 months.
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 recent references, 1-2 samples of your graphics/outreach projects to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Development Events Coordinator-2017” in the subject line.
or mail to:
Beyond Toxics, 1192 Lawrence St., Eugene, OR 97401
Beyond Toxics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Persons who represent diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Beyond Toxics follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.