Common hazardous ingredients:
BHA, diazolidinyl urea, DMDM hydantoin, imidazolidinyl urea, isopropyl alcohol, mercury, mineral oil, parabens, polyethylene glycol (PEG), phthalates, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, talc, triclosan,
- Skin irritation
- Can cause respiratory issues when inhaled
- Some ingredients have been found to be endocrine disruptors when tested on animals.
- Expectant mothers may unknowingly expose unborn children to toxic chemicals absorbed by the skin or inhaled.
- Follow label directions.
- Never share makeup.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use and store in a secure area away from children.
- Keep container out of sun and heat.
- Best: Use up or give away. Rinse container and dispose of in the garbage.
- Second best: Take to a hazardous waste facility or collection event.
- Go makeup free!
- Browse the web for non-toxic cosmetic brands, the EWG Skin Deep page is a good place to start.
- Download the “Think Dirty” app on your smartphone for free. This app provides an unbiased toxicity list on all your favorite products.
- Back to Beauty and Body Care Homepage
- Check out our list of cleaning and household products