Common hazardous ingredients:
Acetone, benzene, ethyl acetate, formaldehyde resin, phenol, toluene, tricresyl phosphate, xylene.
- Flammable and highly toxic
- Vapors easily inhaled
- Irritant to skin and mucous membranes
- Air pollutant.
- Benzene is a known carcinogen.
- Use according to label instructions.
- Minimize exposure to vapors by turning on the bathroom exhaust fan and opening a window when using these products and leaving the room after you have applied them.
Keep bottles capped when not in use and store away from children.
- Best: Use up or give away. Dispose of empty container in the garbage.
- Second best: Take to a hazardous waste facility or collection event.
- Toluene-free nail polish is slightly less toxic.
- Buffing nails creates sheen without polish.