Excited by the potential for change in Oregon’s pesticides use policies?
You’ve come to the right place! Scroll down to sign our petition…
Reporting on the Saturday, Feb. 11th, 2012 pesticide reform rallies in
Lane and Josephine Counties
- Lane County Residents Rally Against Pesticide Use - KEZI-TV
- Anti-Pesticide Activists Plan Rally - KLCC radio
- Guest Editorial: Oregon’s forests are being poisoned and so are you – Medford Mail Tribune
- Jefferson Public Radio interview – Pesticide awareness rallies Feb.11, 2012 Jefferson Public Radio (opens an .mp3 file in another browser window)
The Oregon Pesticide Action Workgroup, a project led by Beyond Toxics, has put out a Statement of Principles: The Pesticide Reform Guiding Principles (PDF file). The statement reflects many experienced grassroots voices and years of experience drawing public attention to the dangers of pesticides in our environment and in our bodies. These guiding principles are based on the values of environmental stewardship, human rights, and protection of native wildlife and habitat.
The principles and the list of supporters will be presented to Governor Kitzhaber and the appropriate state and federal agencies.
- See the list of petition signers
- MORE on the history of Highway 36/Triangle Lake Exposure Investigation
- Jefferson Public Radio interview with Lisa Arkin (Feb. 8, 2012; opens up a separate browser window & plays an mp3 file)
- Read the latest reporting on atrazine (PR Watch article: “Atrazine: A Molecular Bull in a China Shop”)
- Read pesticide exposure stories from our members
- Back to Safe Public Places project home page
- Safe Public Places Resources
- Back to Pesticide Reform home page
See the video clips from an exclusive April 2011 Beyond Toxics interview with Dr. Sandra Steingraber in Eugene.
DO YOU HAVE A PESTICIDE EXPOSURE STORY?
Write to us: email@example.com
call the Beyond Toxics office in Eugene: 541-465-8860