Beyond Toxics provides leadership for a clean and just Oregon.
We partner with frontline communities and support their leadership to build a statewide environmental justice movement.
Environmental Justice and Vulnerable Communities
- Build a strong statewide environmental justice movement.
- Organize at the grassroots level and support leadership in low-income, rural communities and communities of color to build collective power.
- Partner and support Latinx, farm worker advocates and black communities fighting to protect themselves from chemical trespass and proactively resisting corporate dominance.
- Build collective power in frontline communities.
- Engage communities around the intersectionality between environment, climate and racial justice.
- Be an active, supportive and visionary member of the Oregon Just Transition Alliance.
Agriculture and Forest Practices Act Reform
- Using the lens of climate justice, overhaul the Oregon Forest Practices Act to eliminate industrial practices of aerially sprayed pesticides, clear cutting, and short rotations on tree plantations.
- Fight for diverse forest ecosystems and organic farming practices that protect public health and drinking water in rural Oregon, capture carbon, benefit rural Oregonians, and protect farm and forest workers.
- Support communities to end pesticide poisoning in southern Oregon, working through our Rogue Valley office, board members and staff.
Save Oregon’s Pollinators – Protect Oregon’s Soils and Waters
- Eliminate neonicotinoid pesticides to protect pollinators, ensuring the survival of endangered pollinators in policy, law and practice.
- Advocate for food sovereignty and access to healthy soils and culturally appropriate foods for impacted communities.
- Ensure just access to a secure local food web.
- Expand our Non Toxic Oregon initiative to help Oregon’s cities transition from synthetic pesticides and fertilizers to safe and cost-effective alternatives for people, pollinators, pets, and the planet.
- Eliminate classes of chemicals known to bio-accumulate and persist in soil and water.
Proactively Organize to Achieve Climate Justice and Ambitious Carbon Reductions
- Reduce the contribution of chemical pollution to climate change.
- Demand accountability for greenhouse gas emissions by the timber and agriculture industries.
- Build community capacity to address and limit climate pollution.
- Join with allies to set Oregon on a path to a transition from fossil fuel infrastructure to a just and clean energy future.
YOU have a part to play in 2019 to help create a clean and just Oregon!
Donate to help continue our work in 2019 and volunteer to help with future events and initiatives!