Oregon’s Shame: Agent Orange In The Oregon Forests – HipFish Monthly / Sept. 2016 (PDF – 9Mb)
Read about what the DEQ is doing about protecting Oregon’s water from pesticide pollution.
New rules have been proposed and Beyond Toxics has submitted comments. These comments have been endorsed by 5 other northwest environmental organizations.
2300A General Permit Public Comment (PDF)
Laurie Bernstein, US Forest Service Fish Biologist and GIS Specialist, retired
Lisa Arkin, Executive Director, Beyond Toxics
Roberta Lindberg, M.S., J.D.
Download Report (2 versions; both PDF files)
Public Education to Help Your Community Take Action
In 2010 Beyond Toxics published “Protecting Health in Your Community: A Guidebook for Organizing for Pesticide Reform” for wide distribution. This primer focuses on pesticide issues and is tailored toward Oregon residents. It was developed in response to the many inquiries we receive from small communities struggling to find a solution to pollution and poisoning from large-scale pesticide applications (e.g., forestry, agriculture, right-of-way, public property and public housing contracts). Read the primer Community Organizing Guide.
Beyond Toxics Reports
- Assessing Environmental Impact Quotients for Pesticide Use on State Highways in Lane County
- LAURELWOOD GOLF COURSE: Non-Compliance with the Integrated Pest Management Policies of the City of Eugene, Oregon
- Protecting Health in Your Community: A Guidebook for Organizing for Pesticide Reform
- WARNING! Hazards to Children: Pesticides in Our Schools
- Whistleblower videos reveal helicopter spraying workers with weed killers
By Rob Davis, Oregonian/OregonLive
- Oregon workers sprayed with weed killers: 8 videos show it
By Rob Davis | The Oregonian/OregonLive
The Triangle Lake chemical trespass story hits the national media: see the 10 min. video on PBS News Hour
- Jefferson Public Radio interview with Lisa Arkin (Feb. 8, 2012; opens up a separate browser window & plays an mp3 file)
- Read the latest reporting on atrazine (PR Watch article: “Atrazine: A Molecular Bull in a China Shop”) – Lisa Arkin, Beyond Toxics Exec. Director, interviewed…
- 6 Things You Should Know About the Triangle Lake Pesticide Investigation
Jan. 5, 2012 Earthfix News Service (OPB)
- Officials to hear pesticide concerns
Triangle Lake residents will meet with state and federal agencies
BY SUSAN PALMER, The Register-Guard (July 12, 2011)
- State will investigate pesticide case
A group presented proof that herbicides were found in the urine of residents in the Triangle Lake area By Susan Palmer, The Register-Guard (June, 2011)
- Pesticide Reform Action page (sign our Pesticide Reform Statement of Principles form)
- Read the NEW Forestry Pesticide Project page
- Highway 36/Triangle Lake Area Exposure Investigation (background/history)
- On Jan. 10th, Beyond Toxics sent a letter to Jae Douglas of the Oregon Health Authority, officially requesting Forestry Pesticide Spray Records (PDF file)
- Read our pesticide exposure stories (tell us your own–send us an email!)
- Pesticide Action Network’s DATABASE of searcable chemicals and products
- Toxics Use Reduction in Your Home
- Resources for fresh, healthy food in Oregon’s Willamette Valley (source: Willamette Farm and Food Coalition)
- Read about the health effects of atrazine (Pesticide Action Network)
- Back to Pesticide Reform home page
Testing for pesticides*
NOTE: Beyond Toxics cannot recommend one company over another, we are simply providing resources for consumers to investigate for themselves.
Feed the World has set up the first ever validated glyphosate testing (LC/MS/MS) for the general public worldwide, which will be provided in the U.S. with the support of the Organic Consumers Association (OCA).
Pacific Agricultural Laboratory
* If you know of other companies in Oregon that do this kind of testing, please contact me: info (at) beyondtoxics (dot) org and I will endeavor to add them. Thanks!
Reporting on the Saturday, Feb. 11th, 2012 pesticide reform rallies in
Lane and Josephine Counties
- Lane County Residents Rally Against Pesticide Use – KEZI-TV
- Anti-Pesticide Activists Plan Rally – KLCC radio
- Guest Editorial: Oregon’s forests are being poisoned and so are you – Medford Mail Tribune
- Jefferson Public Radio interview – Pesticide awareness rallies Feb.11, 2012 Jefferson Public Radio (opens an .mp3 file in another browser window)
Won’t you join us in imagining, and working for, a world beyond toxics?
Beyond Toxics is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all contributions are fully tax-deductible. Please consider giving a gift of a Beyond Toxics membership to a friend or family member!