FOR THE PRESS
…to contact Beyond Toxics, please call or email:
Lisa Arkin, Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.BeyondToxics.org |
Beyond Toxics’ Mission
Beyond Toxics works to guarantee environmental protections and health for all communities and residents, regardless of their background, income or where their home is located. We expose root causes of toxic pollution and help communities find solutions that are appropriate to their needs.
Beyond Toxics’ Promise
Beyond Toxics will act responsibly and aggressively to protect the public and the environment from toxic poisoning.
Beyond Toxics’ Vision
We envision a future in which all Oregonians:
• Know about the pollutants they are exposed to in our air, water, food and consumer products; the sources of those pollutants; and the health impacts of short and long term exposure.
• Guarantee an equal right for each and every human to have clean air, clean water, unpolluted soils, safe consumer products and a healthy community in which to live.
• Prioritize a child’s health as the standard by which decisions are made regarding the use and disposal of toxic chemicals.
• Choose the least toxic alternatives available for products used in homes, businesses and public facilities.
• Participate actively in decision-making processes that impact public and environmental health.
• Hold our elected officials and regulatory agencies accountable to enforce environmental protection, pollution prevention and clean-up laws.
• Hold our elected officials and regulatory agencies accountable to promoting laws, policies and technologies that provide protections for environmental and human health.
What We Do
Beyond Toxics was founded in 2000 and has since played a unique organizing role in Oregon: we put equal emphasis (and equal resources) into environmental justice engagement and community-based environmental research with the intent to influence state policy reform. We fulfill our mission by building social justice concerns into all environmental decision-making, thereby uniting the goals of human rights and environmental protection in all our work.
MORE about Beyond Toxics
- Beyond Toxics Fact Sheet
- 2012 Beyond Toxics Annual Report
- How we are seen…Leadership for a Clean and Just Oregon (media coverage, testimonials, business support)
- Read about our current campaigns
- Beyond Toxics In the News
- Meet our staff and Board of Directors
- Spring 2013 Newsletter (online)
- Fall 2012 Newsletter (online)
- Introduction to Beyond Toxics video (who we are and introduction for our 2011 name change)
- Poisoned Roads (6 min.)
- A Toxic Legacy: Environmental Justice in West Eugene (12 minutes)
- An interview with Dr. Sandra Steingraber (3 clips):
Parenting & Chemicals in Our Environment (2:20)
Human Rights & The Environment (2:49)
The Role of Government in Protecting Us from Chemical Trespass (1:22)
- web resolution – vertical (260 pixels wide – RGB)
- print resolution – vertical (300dpi, 9.6in. wide – RGB)
- print resolution – vertical (300dpi, 9.6in. wide, .tif – CMYK)
- web resolution – horiz (400 pixels wide – RGB)
- print resolution – horiz (300dpi, 9.6in. wide – RGB)
- print resolution – horiz (300dpi, 9.6in. wide, .tif – CMYK)