Summer 2011 NEWS:
Multnomah County’s Office of Sustainability announces it’s association with Beyond Toxics and our Healthy Air Oregon campaign to encourage drivers to turn off their engines while waiting on drawbridges this Summer. Together we are raising awareness about the personal and public health risks of idling and cost savings available to individual drivers and businesses of all kinds by ending the practice of idling while not in the flow of traffic. Read more about Multnomah County’s “Idling Gets You Nowhere” campaign. See more about Beyond Toxics.
- Business Endorsement: Why you should endorse the HAO Campaign
- Busting The Myths Around Idling Your Engine
- Sample Business Idling Policy (EWEB)
- City of Portland Idling Reduction Ordinance
- DEQ Fact Sheet on Benzene Hazards
- DEQ Reduce Idling Fact Sheet
- Economics of Idling
- Truck Engine Idling
- Business and government endorsers of the HAO campaign
HAO Campaign logos:
The Healthy Air Oregon campaign is a project of Beyond Toxics, an Oregon-based non-profit dedicated to fighting for greater awareness of the presence of toxics in our air, water, food and bodies.
Through the Healthy Air Oregon campaign, Beyond Toxics has engaged in a variety of partnerships with business, government and non-profits that are helping consumers and citizens raise their awareness about the cost benefits and public health benefits of ending the practice of idling.