MARCH 27 – starts at 3 PM – Hearing Room C
Oregon Pollinator Protection Act Hearing in front of the Senate Committee on Environment and Natural Resources
Oregon State Capitol – 900 Court St NE, Salem, Oregon 97301 (google map)
The Oregon Pollinator Protection Act (SB 929) will label bee-killing neonicotinoids as a Restricted Use Product and help combat rapid pollinator declines in Oregon. Come join us at the State Capitol at the public Senate hearing for OPPA and show your support for Oregon’s imperiled pollinators!
Let us know you plan on being there on our Facebook event page.
Earth Week 2017
Thursday, April 6th from 2-5 PM & Monday, April 10th from 7-9:30 PM: Paint Luck Work Parties to Save Oregon’s Bees! @ McNail-Riley House in Eugene
* Come one, come all! We are bringing supplies to make signs and banners to take to the steps of the Oregon State Capitol for Wildlife & Water Day! Please join us and flex your creative muscles! Bring any art supplies you want to contribute.
* If you haven’t yet painted banners and signs before, fret not! We will be providing models and instruction on how to paint them
* Art supplies, suggestions, and creativity new welcome!
* Refreshments will be provided.
Saturday, April 8 – Sunday, April 9 (ends at 5 PM)
WHAT: “Wisdom in Water: Protecting a Universal Right” CAER Conference 2017
HOSTED BY: Coalition Against Environmental Racism (CAER) – University of Oregon
WHERE: Straub Hall – 1451 Onyx Street, Eugene, Oregon 97403
FREE Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Provided
- Facebook event page
- For more about CAER, see their Facebook page
- For tickets (google doc)
- Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Arkin, Executive Director of Beyond Toxics will be speaking on a panel along with Huy Ong, the Executive Director at OPAL Environmental Justice Oregon.
Monday, April 17th: Kick-Off Nature Hike & Work Party – 4-7PM @ Danebo & Roosevelt Blvd in West Eugene
* Friends of Trees and Beyond Toxics will lead a nature hike and environmental restoration work party to kick off Earth Week 2017!
* Urban nature hike will be led by Joel Iboa and Erik Burke where they will be educating about environmental justice and urban spaces and planning in low income areas.
* During the work party, we will be weeding and mulching recently planted trees in this low-income area in West Eugene.
* Tools and refreshments are provided.
Tuesday, April 18th: Rachel Carson Film Showing – 7:00PM @ Bijou Arts Cinema in Eugene
* Learn about the birth of the modern day environmental movement and how Carson’s courage ignited an ecological awareness that burns to this day.
* Erik Burke from Friend of Trees, Jason Gonzales from Oregon Wild, and Lisa Arkin from Beyond Toxics will present modern day environmental issues including our local government’s regulation of toxic chemicals and educate people about ways to take action and continue to push the environmental movement forward after the film.
Wednesday, April 19th: Rally for Wildlife & Water – Starts at 11AM @ the State Capital
* Come Howl and Buzz @ the State Capital!
* Oregon’s drinking water, fish and native pollinators are at risk!
* Join us in Salem to tell elected officials “Oregon Needs to Take a Stand for Wildlife & Water!”
Thursday, April 20th: Beyond Toxics Bingo Charity Drive – 9:30PM @ Cornucopia on 5th Street
* Charity benefit to support beyond Toxics.
* Hood River Distillers is proud to support the Grand Prize Giveaway.
Saturday, April 22nd: Earth Day Science Pub – Taking place after the Science March at 2:30 @ The Barn Light East
* Local scientists Tom Titus and Brian Dykstra, as well as local community advocate Rachel Zitomer, will educate local communities about how humans relate to our natural world and ways to preserve it.
* They will also be discussing the importance of Earth Day and how this year is one of the most important years yet and why we need to get involved.
A Night of Bliss – A Community Benefit and Celebration
BIG THANKS TO COCONUT BLISS…
and the amazing employees of Coconut Bliss and the wonderful volunteers
and all the business sponsors and supporters…(see below)
100 mile Bakery
|Labrang Tea Traders
Maria’s Pearl Creations
Meg Orion Health Coach
Melange- 5th St. Market
Mill Creek Wood Works
Mother Earth News
Mountain Rose Herbs
Mudra Yoga Eugene
Northern Sun Merchandising
Off the Waffle
Oregon Truffle Festival
Organically Grown Co
Pepper Tree Aviary
Riverwood Trading Company
Steel Knight Designs
Take a Country Look
Tap & Growler
The Crystal Heart
The Healthy Pet
The Tasteful Olive
Three Kingdom Colors
Toby’s Family Foods
Townshend’s Brew Dr.
Turn Key Promotions
UO Museum of Natural History
White Crystal Services
Whole Foods Market
Willamette Valley Vineyards
WE HAD SO MUCH FUN AT BEE JAZZY THIS YEAR!
Thank you, kind friends and supporters, for your wonderful support!
We want to extend our heartfelt appreciation to all those who came to our 3rd Annual Bee Jazzy Celebration this year! Those who bought tickets; volunteers (including several wonderful women from LUSH in Portland); the many business sponsors and supporters (see list below); the enchanting and talented Halie Loren and the musicians from the Halie Loren Trio; and our hosts, Silvan Ridge Winery.
Thanks to our business sponsors: Mountain Rose Herbs, Oregon’s Constant Gardener, Kim Kelly, the Oregon Insurance Lady, Pacific Cascade Federal Credit Union, Farmer’s Insurance, Glory Bee Foods, Neil Kelly and supporters: Precision Capital and Oregon Pacific Bank.
Special thanks to Silvan Ridge Winery for hosting us for the third year in a row!
Won’t you join us in imagining, and working for, a world beyond toxics?