There are a wide variety of laws and ordinances throughout all levels of government across the nation. And they vary widely in their restrictions and penalties.
Here are a few we have found of value:
- EPA Compilation of State, County, Municipal Regulations (PDF)
- City of Portland, OR (PDF)
- Multnomah County Vehicle Idling Reduction Policy (PDF)
- Connecticut Idling Law (PDF)
Business Policy Examples:
- Eugene Water and Electric Board (PDF)
- New York City
Press Release about new law passed for NYC
- Utne Reader article on New York’s anti-idling ordinance
A Cordial Invitation…
if you, your business or agency is not on the list of endorsers yet, we’d love to include you!
- Business Endorsement Form
- Government or Non-Profit Agency Endorsement Form
- Individual Endorsement Form
- *all are PDF forms that need to be printed out, filled out with pen, signed and sent in to us at this address:
Healthy Air Oregon Campaign
c/o Beyond Toxics
P.O. Box 1106
Eugene, OR 97440
We gladly accept donations towards our work to raise awareness about air pollution and the numerous benefits of ending the practice of vehicle idling while not in the flow of traffic. Please make your checks out to: Beyond Toxics and send it to us at the address above. OR...donate online:
Now you can designate that your donation go directly to our work to improve air quality when you join! After clicking on the green button (below)...from the “Program Designation” drop-down option, simply choose "Healthy Air Oregon."
Beyond Toxics is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all contributions are fully tax-deductible. Please consider giving a gift of a Beyond Toxics membership to a friend or family member!