Beyond Toxics protects and enhances human and environmental health. We use environmental justice engagement and community-based environmental grassroots organizing to ensure environmental protection and health for all communities. We empower communities to enact lasting solutions to environmental health threats.
We have offices in Eugene and Portland, but we serve communities throughout the state of Oregon.
• Guarantee an equal right to have clean air, clean water, unpolluted soils, safe consumer products and a healthy community in which to live.
• Promote environmental and social justice and public participation in decision-making concerning public and environmental health policies.
• Protect children’s health by using the precautionary principle as the standard by which policy decisions are made regarding human health and the environment.
• Promote meaningful opportunities to choose non-toxic alternatives to the use, manufacture and disposal of hazardous chemicals, products, and emissions.
Beyond Toxics works for all Oregonians to empower individuals and communities to find solutions that protect human and environmental health. We reach out through sponsorships and organizational assistance to community-based groups seeking to stop local environmental destruction and public health threats.
- Read about how you can get involved
- Read about our current campaigns
- Read what people are saying about us (testimonials)
- Beyond Toxics In the News
- Read our Fall-Winter 2016-17 Newsletter (PDF)
- Support our work
- Meet our staff and Board of Directors
- Be sure to connect with us on Facebook!
- See our Resources page
- Media press page
We are proud members of EarthShare Oregon since June 2013!
We are now proud members of EarthShare! With EarthShare, you can donate at work with simple payroll deduction contributions. Your employer may even match your gift, increasing the impact of your investment. For more information, check with your Human Resources manager. If you do not have a giving campaign at work, please contact them, and we can meet with decision-makers at your company.
Beyond Toxics is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all contributions are fully tax-deductible. Please consider giving a gift of a Beyond Toxics membership to a friend or family member!