We have four areas of program work to pursue our goals:
|Pesticide Reform Campaign
||Environmental Justice Campaign (merges environmental health with social justice)
|Air Quality Campaign
||Healthy Homes Campaign
How we do our work
Beyond Toxics works to see that job growth does not, in reality, lead to pollution growth. When an Oregon community faces a potentially harmful activity or facility, we can help them address the risk for harm by:
- Working to ensure a strong consideration of environmental justice and everyone's right to clean air, water, land and food.
- Exercising the community’s right-to-know about what is released into their air, water and soil.
- Employing alternative assessments that lead to toxics-use reduction and elimination.
- Infusing the precautionary principle into all policy decisions, at every level of government.
- Helping neighborhoods and communities get educated and organized by holding town halls, forums, film series and rallies.
- Building empowerment through trainings, actions and working groups.
Communities are often confronted with a false dichotomy: choose between jobs or clean air; economic growth or a healthy environment. This is an outdated paradigm.
- Read about ways you can get involved
- See the video about Beyond Toxics
- See what people are saying about us
- Beyond Toxics In the News
- How we are seen…Leadership for a Clean and Just Oregon (2012 flyer of media coverage, testimonials, business support)
- Support our work
- Volunteer with us!
- Be sure to connect with us on Facebook!
- We are proud members of the Oregon Conservation Network, a group of over 40 groups working together on shared environmental priorities. Read the highlights of our 2013 agenda.
[verticalresponse title="Sign Up Here for Our News and Action Alerts" bg_color="#000000" label_color:"#FFFFFF" border_color="333333" border_width="5" email_input_size=15]
Won’t you join us in imagining, and working for, a world beyond toxics?
Beyond Toxics is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all contributions are fully tax-deductible. Please consider giving a gift of a Beyond Toxics membership to a friend or family member!