Laurie Bernstein, US Forest Service Fish Biologist and GIS Specialist, retired
Lisa Arkin, Executive Director, Beyond Toxics
Roberta Lindberg, M.S., J.D.
Download Report (2 versions; both PDF files)
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (PDF)
- FULL REPORT (15Mb PDF; opens in new browser window)
- Fact Sheet (2 page PDF)
- News Coverage->>
- Read more about the Cedar Valley pesticide spray trespass (including news stories and follow-up articles)
- Interview with Lisa Arkin, Exec. Director, on KLCC radio - Dec. 18, 2013
Listen to the mp3 file of the interview (mp3 file opens in new web browser)
- Interview with Lisa Arkin, Exec. Director, and Peter Hayes on Jefferson Public Radio - Friday, Dec. 20, 2013 (mp3 file opens in new web browser)
An excellent video summarizing the pesticide forestry issue in Oregon from the Pacific Rivers Council...
- Oregon Residents Challenge the State “Right-to-Farm” Law - Rebekah Wilce, PR Watch – Sept. 8, 2014 | More background on lawsuit filed in August
- Read Lisa Arkin's blog on the forestry pesticide issue, "The future of Oregon’s clean-flowing drinking water"
- Read Lisa Arkin' Guest Editorial for the Oregonian/Oregon LIVE: Oregon Forest Practices Act needs to be updated - Oct. 14, 2013
- Do Oregon's clear-cut and pesticide buffers protect drinking water from creeks, rivers? By Scott Learn, The Oregonian (August 20, 2013)
- Managing O&C Forestlands: Perspectives Of A Conservationist & An Economist
City Club of Eugene (Recorded on Dec. 13, 2013; Air Date: Dec. 16, 2013)
- Highway 36/Triangle Lake Area Exposure Investigation (background/history)
- Oregon could lose millions for coastal streams as feds target logging pollution
by Rob Davis, Oregonian
- On Jan. 10th, 2012 Beyond Toxics sent a letter to Jae Douglas of the Oregon Health Authority, officially requesting Forestry Pesticide Spray Records (PDF file)
- REPORT: "The Economic Importance of Federal Forests to the Pacific Northwest’s Economy" - Testimony of Ernie Niemi (ECONorthwest) to the Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests & Public Lands oversight field hearing, “Failed Federal Forest Policies: Endangering Jobs, Forests and Species.” May 21, 2012
- Read our pesticide exposure stories (tell us your own--send us an email)
- Pesticide Action Network's DATABASE of searchable chemicals and products
- Pesticide Reform Action page (sign our Pesticide Reform Statement of Principles)
- Pesticide Reform Resources
- Pesticide Reform home page
OTHER RELATED ARTICLES
An important article by freelance writer, Jon Gosch, about forestry pesticide spraying in southwestern Washington...
Growing Evidence Links Herbicides to Elk Hoof Disease
After Five Years of Active Investigation, WDFW Officials Still Scratching Their Heads
"Something is afoot in our local forests, and I’m convinced that the epidemic of hoof disease currently ravaging the elk population surrounding Mount St. Helens is only the alarm."